Bravura Solutions is an Australian organisation, who have expanded their business to become a leading global supplier of software and professional services. With over 1,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Europe, Africa and Asia, Bravura Solutions continue to create and deliver cutting edge solutions to their clients.
Recently, Seed sat down with Global Head of HR, Richard Laidlaw, to chat about his role and how Seed has bought value to their growing organisation..
- Tell us a little about your organisation?
Bravura is an Australian listed organisation that develops software for some of the world’s leading financial institutions. We are an industry leading provider of software solutions and services for the administration of superannuation, pensions, life insurance, investment, wrap, private wealth and funds administration. Our expert teams deliver solutions throughout APAC and EMEA.
- Tell us about your role in the organisation? What are you passionate about?
I joined as the Head of HR at a time when our organisation was experiencing significant growth and expansion of our employee. I am passionate about offering a positively consistent employee experience of working at Bravura regardless of role, team or location.
- What would you say are the biggest people challenges in your organisation?
Growth is a great problem to have, it presents opportunities around building management routines that support employee growth and productivity, increasing a customer orientation and coordinating employee activities across multiple business units, time zones, cultures.
- Can you briefly describe the work/project/employee issue that you sought Seed’s help with?
We needed help to develop a Management Program that instilled consistent disciplines across our manager cohort. We had spent a number of years developing a software solution that enabled significant organisational growth, and it was time to invest in our team leaders and managers to give them clarity around skills that supported the evolution of the teams and focused on delivery business outcomes using the create people resources around them.
- How was the process of working through the design of that solution?
Fast – the Seed team don’t come in with a model they recommend, they listen, adapt, draft, test and that enabled rapid deployment based on our need.
- What type of improvement have you seen in the work/project/employee issue since engaging with SPC on the topic?
Managers implementing routines into their daily/weekly approach based on skills that are simple, repeatable and powerful.
- How would you say Seed has added value to your organisation?
Seed created something that will be adapted as we evolve but timeless as the core of how we build Manager capability.
- How would you describe your experience with Seed in 3 words?
First of many.
If you’re seeking HR advice or a solution, contact our team today!